St. Pius offers a wide variety of technology for student use. Students attend technology class starting in kindergarten and continue through eighth grade. Some highlights of our technology:
- SMART Board in all classrooms kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Laptops for student use in each classroom grades 4-8.
- Ipad carts for grades K-4.
- Ipad cart for grades 5-8.
- Chromebooks designated for the science room, grades 6-8.
- Chromebook cart for student use grades 5-8.
- Sphero robots for use with iPads. These robots teach programming skills to students of all ages.
- Digital and video cameras
Online Resource for Student and Teacher Use:
- Schoolspeak (online grading and announcements)
- Discovery Education (for video streaming)
- Grolier Online (encyclopedia for research projects)
- IXL - junior high math
- Mystery Science (online science curriculum for grades K-5 with video and hands-on activities)
- Discovery Education Science (online science curriculum with video and interactive features
- Typing Club for typing instruction and tracking
- Gmail address for students in grades 6-8 for Google Docs and collaboration