Become a St. Pius X Coach
All parents interested in being a coach or assistant coach for any of the St. Pius X sports teams are required by the Diocese of Joliet to take a Protecting God's Children Workshop and have a certificate on file in the school office.
In addition, parents must complete a background check, a DCFS form and a Pastoral Acknowledgement prior to participating in any practices or games.
For additional information, please contact the school office at 630-627-2353 or Ed Sullivan (Athletic Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Pius X Parish School Coaches' Code of Conduct
As coaches of St. Pius X Parish School, we are first and foremost, teachers of the players we oversee. At all times, we will demonstrate Catholic behavior and be examples of leadership and sportsmanship for our athletes.
We agree to the following code of conduct:
- Will strive towards instilling a Catholic spirit in all activities and providing a positive example for our athletes to model themselves after.
- All league regulations as outlined in the Athletic By-Laws will be followed.
- Encourage the spirit of teamwork and cooperation among the players.
- Pray before competition.
- Interact with referees, scorekeepers, and opposing coaches appropriately and respectfully. (Poor performances and misconduct by referees and opposing teams or coaches should be reported to St. Pius X Athletic Director).
- Emphasis should be placed on instruction and good sportsmanship.
- Encourage participation in practice and games and provide opportunities to all the players.